Important: By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules below and represent that you satisfy all eligibility requirements. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE.
NO CONTRIBUTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. MAKING A CONTRIBUTION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. To enter without making a contribution, click here or see Section 6 below.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor is the Hurd for Congress. The Sponsor's address is P.O. Box 761029, San Antonio, TX 78245.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 12:00 am Central Standard Time and ends on Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 11:59 pm Central Standard Time. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Standard Time on December 31, 2017.
4. ELIGIBILITY: All federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding the eligibility of entrants apply. The Promotion is open to citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) of the United States who are legal residents of one of the fifty states, Puerto Rico, or the District of Columbia and are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority as determined by state law. Entrants making a contribution must conform to federal contribution limitations and prohibitions as listed on Sponsor's contribution page. Directors, officers, ongoing contractors and service providers, and employees of Sponsor and its agents, or the immediate families of each, are not eligible to enter or win.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: There are two ways to enter the Promotion online:
1. To enter by making a contribution, click here and follow the directions on the contribution page. Make a contribution pursuant to the limitations and prohibitions of federal law, as listed on the contribution page. No minimum contribution is required, and making a contribution will not increase your chances of winning.
2. To enter without making a contribution, click here and follow the directions on the free entry page.
Entrants must follow form instructions and complete all necessary fields in order to submit an entry. Receipt of entries will not be confirmed by Sponsor. Entries must be received during the Entry Period.
7. ERRORS AND ENTRY PROBLEMS: Sponsor is not responsible for computer, communication, or network problems or other submission errors that result in late or damaged entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any potential entrant's failed attempt to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion, or any technical malfunction that occurs during the entry process.
8. PRIZE DESCRIPTION: One winner will receive the following Prize: One ticket to join Congressman Will Hurd at a San Antonio Spurs home game on a date to be determined by Sponsor, with an approximate retail value of $100. Prize does not include travel to and from San Antonio. The total approximate retail value of the prize is $100. Additional restrictions apply as outlined in these Rules.
9. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The Prize is awarded as-is with no warranties of any kind. The Prize is non-transferrable. The Prize may not be substituted for cash or any other Prize, except that Sponsor may at its discretion substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. The value of the Prize may be taxable as income under federal, state, or local laws, and the winners will receive an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the Prize.
10. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Ten (10) potential winners will be chosen by random drawing, from the pool of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The drawing will occur in San Antonio, TX on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Sponsor may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving the Prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the Prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, then select a winner from the list of eligible potential winners on the basis of criteria determined and applied by Sponsor to provide for an appropriate range of views, backgrounds, and interests. The winner will be notified by phone or e-mail no later than Tuesday January 30th, 2018. In the event that not enough potential winners respond to Sponsor's attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the Prize, Sponsor may select additional potential winners by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
11. WINNER RESTRICTIONS: As a condition of receipt of the Prize, except where prohibited by law, the winners must execute and deliver to Sponsor (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) a Liability Release; and (c) a Publicity Release giving Hurd for Congress permission to use, royalty-free, the name, hometown, and photographs and/or recordings of the winners in campaign promotional material or advertising. The winners must respond to his/her notification and complete and return all required documents within one (1) day of notification in order to be awarded the Prize. If the winner does not meet eligibility requirements, fails to respond to the notification within one (1) day, or fails to return the signed documents within one (1) day, he or she will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining entries, in the same manner as outlined above.
12. COPYRIGHTS & TRADEMARKS: The marks associated with this Promotion are the sole property of Sponsor. All Promotion materials, including these Rules, are copyrighted works owned by Hurd for Congress.
13. REQUESTING RULES, NAME OF WINNERS, OR DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE: To receive a written copy of the Promotion rules, the name of the Promotion winner, or a description of the Prize, please send your request and a self-addressed and stamped return envelope to Hurd for Congress, P.O. Box 761029, San Antonio, TX 78245. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2017. The winner’s names may be obtained beginning December 20, 2018. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
14. INTERPRETATIONS & DISPUTES: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor's interpretation thereof. All interpretations of the Rules and other Promotion materials shall be made at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding. Any disputes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas and shall be resolved in the courts therein.
15. VIOLATION OF RULES & LAW: Entrants who attempt to violate or who violate these Rules will be disqualified. Entrants who tamper with Sponsor's computer or network systems, or other systems, in an attempt to disrupt the Promotion or increase chances of winning, or violate any law governing this Promotion, will be reported to relevant authorities and disqualified.
16. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE: By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
17. OTHER CONDITIONS: This Promotion is void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply to this Promotion. If any terms or provisions of the Official Rules are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect. Except where prohibited by law, Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time, or withdraw, limit, modify or cancel the Prize.
19. MISCELLANEOUS: Questions about this Promotion may be sent via email to email@example.com with "Spurs Tickets" in the subject line, or via U.S. mail to Hurd for Congress, P.O. Box 761029, San Antonio, TX 78245.